Our Privacy Pledge
GradeCam is committed to protecting your privacy and the privacy of student information. We do not sell, rent or lease your information to third parties, and we do not target advertising at you or at students.
Last Update: March 28, 2016
CHILDREN AND PERSONAL INFORMATION
Persons under the age of 18 may not sign up for the Services, and may only use the Services with the consent of a parent or guardian.
For Education Clients (teachers, schools, or school districts), please see “STUDENTS AND EDUCATION CLIENTS” section below.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU
- Information provided to us. We may collect and store any personal information you provide to us via the Services. This personal information may include, without limitation, your name, your email address, school district and title. This information may be provided to us directly by you, or if you are an employee of an organization or school, the organization or school is providing us this limited personal information.
- Information from other sources. Except as described above, we do not collect or obtain personal information about you from any third-party sources.
- Information you may upload. If you use our Services to upload and/or share information, such information may be stored for the purpose of allowing such uploading and sharing.
Information collected automatically. We automatically collect information from your browser when you use our Services. This information includes your IP address, your browser type and language, access times, the content of any undeleted cookies that your browser previously accepted from us, and the referring website address.
Device identifiers. When you visit the Service, we may access, collect, monitor and/or store on your mobile device one or more “device identifiers.” Device identifiers are small data files or similar data structures stored on or associated with your mobile device, which uniquely identify your mobile device. A device identifier may be data stored in connection with the device hardware, data stored in connection with the device’s operating system or other software, or data sent to the device by GradeCam.
Cookies. When you visit our Services, we may assign your computer one or more cookies, to facilitate access to our Services and to personalize your online experience. A cookie is a small text file that is stored on a user’s computer for record keeping purposes. Cookies can be either session cookies or persistent cookies. A session cookie expires when you close your browser and is used to make it easier for you to navigate our website. A persistent cookie remains on your hard drive for an extended period of time. Through the use of a cookie, we may automatically collect information about your online activity on our Services, such as the pages you view and the links you click. Most browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies. If you choose to decline cookies, please note that you may not be able to sign in or use some of the interactive features offered on our Services.
- Credit Card information. If you subscribe to any Services with a credit card, we use BrainTree to securely handle card information. Braintree is a fully PCI compliant Level 1 service provider. For more information on BrainTree’s security features, please see www.braintreepayments.com. GradeCam maintains no record of your credit card information.
- Deindentified information. We may aggregate and anonymize information about users of our Service. We may use this deindentified information to improve our Services, demonstrate the effectiveness of the Services to customers and potential customers, and develop new services and applications.
HOW WE USE THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We may use information that we collect about you to:
- Create your account and deliver the Services;
- manage the Services and provide customer support;
- perform research and analysis about your use of our Services;
- develop and display content for the Services;
- enforce our Terms of Service;
- manage our business; and
- perform functions as otherwise described to you at the time of collection.
HOW WE SHARE THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We do not share your personal information with others except as indicated below or when we inform you and give you an opportunity to opt-out of having your personal information shared. We do not sell, rent or lease our customer lists to third parties. We may share your personal information as follows:
- Authorized service providers: We may share your personal information with our authorized service providers that perform certain services on our behalf. These services may include performing business and sales analysis and supporting our website functionality. These service providers may have access to personal information needed to perform their functions but are not permitted to share or use such information for any other purposes.
- Other Situations. We also may disclose your information:
- In response to a subpoena or similar investigative demand, a court order, or a request for cooperation from a law enforcement or other government agency; to establish or exercise our legal rights; to defend against legal claims; or as otherwise required by law. In such cases, we may raise or waive any legal objection or right available to us, in our sole discretion.
- When we believe disclosure is appropriate in connection with efforts to investigate, prevent, report or take other action regarding illegal activity, suspected fraud or other wrongdoing; to protect and defend the rights, property or safety of our company, our users, our employees, or others; to comply with applicable law or cooperate with law enforcement; or to enforce our website terms and conditions or other agreements or policies.
- In connection with a substantial corporate transaction, such as the sale of our business, a divestiture, merger, consolidation, or asset sale, or in the unlikely event of bankruptcy.
DO NOT TRACK
YOUR ACCESS TO YOUR INFORMATION
You can review and update your personal information by contacting us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
HOW WE PROTECT YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We take security measures (including physical, electronic, and procedural measures) to help safeguard your personal information from unauthorized access and disclosure. We use SSL encryption on our application and signup forms. While on a secure page, such as our application page, the lock icon on the bottom of Web browsers such as Firefox and Microsoft Internet Explorer becomes locked, as opposed to un-locked, or open, when users are just ‘surfing’.
All of our users’ information, not just the sensitive information mentioned above, is restricted in our offices and data centers. Only employees who need the information to perform a specific job (for example, a customer service representative) are granted access to personal information. All employees are trained and kept up-to-date on our security and privacy practices. Finally, the servers that store personal information are in a secure environment.
GradeCam cannot guarantee security. Unauthorized entry or use, hardware or software failure, and other factors may compromise the security of user information. For additional information on our security, please visit our security page.
OPTING IN OR OUT OF COLLECTION AND USE OF YOUR INFORMATION
You have the choice not to provide us with personal information. However, that may result in you being unable to use certain of our Services.
If you are an Administrator of the Services, we may send you email messages or updates from time to time about our Services, improvements, or updates. When you open an account with us, you will be given a choice if you want to receive such messages and updates. At any time, you may choose to opt out.
If you cease using the Services, we may still retain certain information associated with your account for analytical purposes and record keeping integrity, as well as to prevent fraud, enforce our terms and conditions, take actions we deem necessary to protect the integrity of our Services or our users, or take other actions otherwise permitted by law.
STUDENTS AND EDUCATION CLIENTS
The Services are usually provided at the request of a teacher, school or school district (“Education Clients”). When an Education Client agrees to our Terms of Service, it represents to us that it may provide to us, or permit us to gather, the limited personal information described above in “Information provided to us” with respect to students because it has obtained parental consent and/or complied with applicable laws regarding notification and consent to use of student information and educational records. If we learn we have collected personal information from a student under 13 without parental consent being obtained by the Education Client, or if we learn a student under 13 has provided us personal information beyond what we request from him or her when using the Services, we will delete that information immediately.
GradeCam complies with applicable U.S. laws pertaining to your personal information gathered as part of a K-12 school purpose.
The limited personal information will not:
- Be used to engage in targeted advertising or advertising of any kind, on the GradeCam web site or elsewhere;
- Be used to create a profile of a student, except in furtherance of a K-12 school purpose;
- Be sold; or
- Be disclosed, except in compliance with applicable laws and regulations.
GradeCam has implemented and maintains reasonable security procedures and practices to protect the personal information from unauthorized access, destruction, use, modification, or disclosure.
GradeCam will delete personal information if the Education Client requests such deletion. If a parent, legal guardian, or eligible pupil wishes to review personally identifiable information and/or correct erroneous information, please contact us at: email@example.com.
USING OUR SERVICES FROM OUTSIDE THE UNITED STATES
NO RIGHTS OF THIRD PARTIES
HOW TO CONTACT US
GradeCam welcomes your questions or comments regarding this Statement of Privacy.
P.O. Box 151
Livermore, California 94551
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Telephone number: 866-472-3339
RETURN TO HOME