Our #1 Grading Hack (and 5 ways to use it!)
Save paper, tons of time and many trips to the copier – all with one simple grading tip.
Our #1 GradeCam grading hack:
Laminate your GradeCam scan sheets.
Even simpler GradeCam grading hack:
Put your GradeCam scan sheets in plastic sleeves.
Yes, they still scan!
5 Ways to Use Your Reusable Scan Sheets:
1) Exit Tickets: Laminate your GradeCam scan sheets and stick to the corner of each student desk for a quick exit ticket. Students can use a dry erase marker to answer a few questions at the end of each class.
2) Station or center work: Have students take an assessment as a part of center time and allow them to scan themselves and correct their work until they get all the questions correct.
3) Test for multiple classes: When you’re giving the same assessment to multiple classes, only print off a blank set of answer sheets. Put the answer sheets in sleeves and voila!
4) Homework credit: Use a credit form to give students a set number of points for turning in homework or writing in their notebooks.
5) Blank class set: Print off and laminate blank scan sheets to have at the ready.
Even though it is as simple as that, here are a couple tips for added success:
1) Print a test sheet and laminate or place in a plastic sleeve first. Mark on and scan the test sheet to make sure it works properly before copying a class set and laminating them all.
2) Use a dark-colored dry erase marker. Black works the best. The more contrast, the better the scan sheet reads.
Are you already taking advantage of reusable scan sheets? Post a pic and tag us on Facebook, Twitter or Instagram. We’d love to see! Want more hacks? You can simplify your life with GradeCam’s teacher grader.